Job Title – Sr. Staff Accountant
Location – Near Fullerton, CA
Onsite | Direct Hire
Salary Range - $65-75k
Job Summary of the Sr. Staff Accountant
The scope of the duties includes assisting with agriculture, construction, dairy, real estate, manufacturing, and distribution clients, in addition to many other areas. Seeking hardworking, inspiring people to join the team who want to continue to grow professionally and learn from experts in the field.
Responsibilities of the Sr. Staff Accountant
The Senior Staff Accountant is responsible for the orderly completion of engagements including the day-to-day supervision of staff, making the initial determination as to whether or not the engagement objectives have been met, and keeping the managers and partners informed of progress and unusual developments. The Senior Staff Accountant will make the initial evaluation of the internal control structure, draft the work program and assist the managers in preparing time and engagement budgets.
Essential Functions of Sr. Staff Accountant position
Regularly assess the status of department staff work, review their progress and answer questions.
Monitor time spent on engagements, and, when required, propose to the manager any necessary modifications in the engagement work plan.
Responsible for the day-to-day, on-the-job training of staff and concluding the engagement in an efficient manner.
Responsible for the detailed review of all working papers and the disposition of all follow-up items during the wrap-up of an engagement.
Prepare, review and approve all drafts of financial statements and accountants’ reports prior to review by the managers and/or partners.
Prepare, review and approve all tax returns prior to review by the managers and/or partners.
Prepare written review of Staff Accountants, Senior Staff Accountants and Administrative Assistants in the department.
Requirements of the Sr. Staff Accountant position
Minimum qualifications required for this position.
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting and completion (passed) of all 4 parts of the CPA exam; Master's degree in Business Administration or Taxation a plus. LL.M. in Taxation is a PLUS.
· Minimum of 5 years of experience gained within a public accounting firm.
· LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: Certified Public Accountant license preferred.
· Working knowledge of MS Office (primarily Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel)
· General knowledge of FASB regulations and GAAP
· Must have a minimum of 3 years of previous experience supervising and training Staff and Semi-Senior Accountants
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Presentation skills and strong organizational techniques are required
· Highly motivated
· Capable of managing multiple client engagements in addition to completing tasks related to business development
Preferred Position Qualifications:
· Knowledge of accounting software (QuickBooks or similar) preferred
· Knowledge of tax program software (ProSystem fx Tax or similar) preferred
· Knowledge of engagement management software (ProSystem fx Engagement or similar) preferred
· Knowledge of asset depreciation software (ProSystem fx Fixed Assets or similar) preferred
· Knowledge of time record keeping software (Practice Solutions) a plus
Updated resume is required for consideration. Only Local candidates will be considered - Position does not offer relocation or visa sponsorship. Background and credit check required.